Matcha Tin 30g - Aiya Ceremonial
- Regular price
- $ 28.50 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $ 28.50 USD
- Unit price
- Perfect for making traditional hot tea ("Usu-cha")
- Excellent for daily drinking
- A balanced, sweet flavor for tea lover
Certified USDA Organic, Aiya’s Organic Ceremonial Matcha is light and smooth with a pleasant vegetal aftertaste. An organic Matcha of this quality is rare, even in the Japanese market. Unlike organic fruits and vegetables, organic Matcha is extremely difficult to produce. Not only must the Matcha meet Aiya’s strict quality standards, but it must also meet all requirements of the USDA-NOP, EU, and Japan Organic regulating bodies. For over 30 years, Aiya has worked endlessly to achieve organic recognition for Matcha of such quality.
30 grams (1.05 oz)
Approximately 15 servings
As Aiya’s most popular grade of Matcha, this Ceremonial Grade offers a beautiful jade green color and a mild, natural sweetness. The slight Matcha astringency (from tea catechins) perfectly balances the sweetness (from L-theanine amino acids), making it ideal for Usu-cha, or thin style tea. We call it our “ceremonial” grade because the quality is high enough for formal Japanese tea ceremonies.
All of Aiya’s Matcha is produced in the Nisho region of Aichi prefecture, Japan, where the finest Matcha has been grown for over 800 years.
Japanese Ceremonial Matcha
Traditional Japanese tea is made in a chawan (bowl) by rapidly whisking warm water with about 2 grams of matcha. The bamboo whisk helps create a rich froth and maintain the delicate flavor.
How to prepare traditional Japanese ceremonial matcha
Making Matcha: step 1
Scoop 1 to 2 grams of matcha into the hand sifter, and gently massage the matcha through the sifter into the bowl to eliminate clumps.
Making Matcha: step 2
Add 2 to 3 ounces of hot (but not boiling) water. Boiling water will burn the matcha, making it bitter and ruining the umami flavor.
Making Matcha: step 3
Whisk vigorously until a creamy white foam forms on top of the matcha solution.
Making Matcha: step 4
Add water to taste. Less water results in a richer flavor.
Features & details
- Ceremonial Grade Matcha, for traditional preparation that gives the perfect balance of natural sweetness and earthiness. Especially blended for whisking with hot water and drinking in its purest form.
- 100% Pure Japanese Matcha Green Tea Powder, Certified Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Kosher. The slight Matcha astringency (from tea catechins) perfectly balances the sweetness (from L-theanine amino acids), making it ideal for Usu-cha, or thin style tea.
- The slight Matcha astringency (from tea catechins) perfectly balances the sweetness (from L-theanine amino acids), making it ideal for Usu-cha, or thin style tea.
- Health Boost in your daily lifestyle, rich in antioxidants and can help boost metabolism, a great source of Fiber, Protein, Calcium and Vitamin C. Provides 3 to 6 hours of sustained, natural energy.
- Family owned and operated since 1888, Aiya is the largest producer of premium Japanese Matcha green tea. Based in Nishio, Japan, Aiya oversees all phases of the Matcha production process, from seed to bowl, and is committed to providing high-quality organic and conventional Matcha to the world.
|Specialty||Organic, Gluten Free, Kosher, Natural|
|Ingredient Type||GMO Free, Organic, Gluten Free, Kosher|
- ASIN: B006LLWB3G
100% Pure Matcha Green Tea Powder
Legal Disclaimer :
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition